Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone elaborate on PR 8897575

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

According to MP 9 notes, this PR corrected a situation with "Save as flat as DXF causes an open contour in the DXF file".  Was this for a particular repeatable situation?

We have been having what seems to be more issues with our DXF's being read on our laser and cnc brake press since going to version 9.  I have backed off the settings to use version 12 of the DXF as that seems to provide a little better results.  I'm just curious when this issue occurred being that I am currently using mp 8.

5 REPLIES

Re: Could someone elaborate on PR 8897575

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Specific to an arc/ellipse and a line having same start/stop endpoints. Here is the impact statement from the fix:

Impact Statement : PR#8897575 : Save as flat as DXF causes an open contour in the DXF file

Problem :
Two elements with same start and end points with one being the line and the other arc are considered duplicates.

Root Cause :
Code was added to check and eliminate exporting duplicate geometry, which is missing non duplicate geometry. This was due to two elements having same start and end point but different geom type(line & arc).

Solution :
Include Curve type as well to check for processed vhl segment. Check curve type as well along with start and end points to decide if two curves are same.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the feedback Dan.  Do you know when this issue started?  As in what mp release?

Community Manager

@MikeSaari

The problem was reported against ST9MP7.

The problem was verified as fixed in ST9 MP9 - available now.

Laura

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@dcstaples we had a situation with the following file.  I will attach images of the problem DXF and the good DXF.  I want to know if this is the situation that it corrected or if this is uniquePSM-Flat.JPGPSM FlatDXF-Good.jpgGood DXFDXF-Bad.jpgBad DXFPSM-Formed.JPGPSM Formed

Community Manager

Sorry Mike, but I am not really very close to the issue. Based on my read of the PR, it does not look like the same issue, but I could be wrong. I recommend you log an IR to get a more careful review of your situation.

Best,

Dan

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development