Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count parts in assembly

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

If i select a part and use select identical parts, then the quantity is shown in the bottom right corner, i would like to use this quantity in my custom properties, instead of doing this one by one, with many action to perform before i am where i want to be.

Another way of looking at this problem would be the bill of materials, this also includes the quantities, maybe i can get the quantity the same way as they get it there.

I used spy already, but can't find the right place.]

Thanks already!

3 REPLIES

Betreff: Count parts in assembly

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JuRi

besides the fact that a BOM by definition is the tool to extract any numbers and quantities, and this is the easiest and fastest way to achieve them, if YOu think that You need an extra progrm to get it, so take a look into the Custom folder of any Solid Edge installation.

There YOu will find the DesignManager macro code (I thought that there was a BOm macro in earlier versions, but this now seems to be away) which will analyse a complete ASM structure to show any quantities there.

I also have searched in my soure for the old BOM macro and have attached it as it was 10-15 years ago.

Hope this helps

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JuRi

and BTW, I think those question will be better placed at the Programmers Forum rather than here.

There I think, You will get better and faster response to any of such questions.

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer

whoops, my bad, i placed it over there.

So this one can be [/closed]