Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create 3D from 2D

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder

Hi,

Have you face any issue with Create 3D Tools feature in 2D Drafting cannot be used?

I have open an autocad file in drafting (already unblock) and try to convert the sketch into 3D but the command not activated?

Previously I think I did the same method without any issue. Any idea on where to turn on the option?

7 REPLIES

Re: Create 3D from 2D

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi @Arisy

Have you installed the MP2 for ST10 ?

I read from a recent discussion about ST10 MP2 that this is a known issue and a hotfix will be released for this.

~Tushar

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

As @Tushar states, this is a known issue with ST10 MP2. This issue has been now been resolved with MP3.  There will not be a hotfix provided.  You can uninstall MP2 back to MP1 to work around this issue.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Oops!

A hotfix was asked for by a forum user, not mentioned officially.

My bad.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @uk_dave

a hotfix would be great!

Or will a MP3 be released this week instead?

Or, is it a certain DLL which brings the problem, so man could change it back to an previous version?

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@hawcad a hot fix was requested when I submitted the PR but this request was not accepted.

To be honest, since we introduced uninstallable maintenance packs we have reduced our acceptance of hot fix requests because issues introduced by maintenance packs can now be easily avoided by uninstalling that maintenance pack.  Back when you had to totally uninstall and reinstall Solid Edge to recover from a maintenance pack introduced issue this was  a much bigger concern.

And to be fair, isn't this  maintenance pack removal the behaviour the user base was wanting to ensure that if we ever "screwed the pooch" by introducing a maintenance pack issue that the user could quickly and easily recover without having to do complete new reinstall.  You now have that functionality.

So, if this is a huge issue for you then you can uninstall MP2 back to MP1 to avoid this issue.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @uk_dave

the uninstall isn't that problem.

of course this is what the user base wanted and it is pretty good to have now.

But the decision to made now is, to either have the ConvertTo3D command available or the fixes which came with MP2

So again, the hope is here, that MP3 will be ready earlier than normal to solve this tricky situation

regards
Wolfgang

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder
Thanks for the info...then I will just wait for the MP3 to be released and hopefully the issues will fixed