Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a part with fixed constraints

Dear all,

another newbe question from an ex Inventor user Smiley Very Happy

I have created many parts that are inserted in an assembly in the same manner, think for example to a screw grommets, they have alwasy the same costrains: planar on a surface, aligned on left side and aligned on right side.

I would like to edit o create a part that once inserted on an assemly, it gave me the predifined constraints of that part, instead that I had to edit them every time.

Think for example to a screw, once inserted on an assembly, it ask for axis alignement and the for the offset from the surface.

I hope I explained my problem correctly.

TIA for answering

4 REPLIES

Re: Create a part with fixed constraints

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well you need to CAPTURE FIT the mates of the component.

Capture 1.JPG

Select the links that you want predefined

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

hello @Davide_Parolin

See this video to know how it can be done:

~Tushar Suradkar

fb.pngSolid Edge Users Facebook Group

Genius
Genius

Also check Duplicate component and Clone component commands while in assembly mode. While in the assembly you can click and drop a bunch (of the same part/assy) at once and there's even some nice AI there. If the parts are flipped, you can also re-flip them.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

hjoy schrieb:

Also check Duplicate component and Clone component commands while in assembly mode. While in the assembly you can click and drop a bunch (of the same part/assy) at once and there's even some nice AI there. If the parts are flipped, you can also re-flip them.

... and not to forget the pattern feature in assembly.

If we are talking abput screws, bolts, nuts, etc. so in my mind there belongs a hole feature to them.

And a hole by definition is a pattern to be used for multiplying single items to every hole of the hole feature.

Especially if we talk about a snyc hole feature where several holes can be placed on several planes although belonging to the same feature.

regards
Wolfgang