Creating a Tap using Solid Edge surface modeling

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi every one, I need some help on creating a Tap using Solid Edge surface modeling. Can any one help me ??

5 REPLIES

Re: Creating a Tap using Solid Edge surface modeling

Phenom
Phenom
Do you need to replicate an existing one or create a new original one ?

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Actually I have 2D model( draft).I need to make 3D part using solid edge surface modeling.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

There is a complete Surface modelling course available from Siemens. Lesson 87 covers building a water spout.

Go to https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/108/help/#uid:index_xid618399:xid464417:xid489890 for the Surface Modelling Course

However I strongly recommend that you work your way through all the course material. Surface modelling is very different from solid modelling and takes some time to become proficient.

Cheers

Mark Fort

Mark Fort

Phenom
Phenom

Can you post an image ?

Are you sure you need to use surfacing ? Solid modelling have some powerfull tools maybe you need surface just for a part of it.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I agree with trying to use solid modeling instead of surface modeling.  I would follow the same steps as manufacturing a physical tap:

1.  model a blank

2. helical cut or protrusion of threads

3. cut flutes

4. cut appropriate taper on tip depending on whether it's a starting tap, plug tap or bottoming tap.

Of course a sprial flute tap adds another "twist"  to the process.  Pardon the pun, it's Friday.  Smiley Happy

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1