Creating drawing view alignment - the locked view always moves!

Suppose I have a drawing view that I wish to align to another drawing view that is locked in position.  When I select the view and choose Create Alignment and then select the locked view, the locked view is always the one that moves!  Surely the locked view should stay put and the other view (that I wish to align) should move.  I realise that the order of selection determines which view moves but here this is a bit counterintuitive and really the locked view should not move!  I would have thought that if you want to align a view with another view then you would select the view you want to align first and then the view you want to align the first view to - and then have that first view align itself with the second view.  Not the other way round!  Or am I way out of line here?

1 REPLY

Re: Creating drawing view alignment - the locked view always moves!

I agree....maybe the Command Prompt text could be improved, to say "Click on the alignment drawing view, to be moved" , or better yet, hotkeys that can switch between, then negating which view the command was activated from.

2016-11-17 (2).png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10