Cursor with xy and crosshair display -- how to turn off?

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

I have a colleague whose Solid Edge has somehow had the cursor set to full-screen crosshairs with xy coordinate readout.  He wishes to turn that off and revert back to the standard cursor.  I've seen this somewhere before in the distant past but I'm dammned if I can find where the setting is.  The Solid Edge help is completely unhelpful here and returns no information on this.  Maybe Siemens has another word for "crosshair"?  I don't know.

3 REPLIES

Re: Cursor with xy and crosshair display -- how to turn off?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Chris,

I think this is in the "Grid Options" dialogue box, while in Sketch mode..... [Crosshairs = Alignment Lines]

ST7_Sketch_GridOptions.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Thanks Sean, that was it.  All good now!

Siemens really need to put a list of keywords against each command in the Command Finder database.  Really pisses me off that it plays dumb if your terminology doesn't exactly match.  I mean, when you use the the Command Finder chances are the user might not always know the command name exactly verbatim!

Phenom
Phenom

I'd agree with the 'close' keyword needs, but also remember that the work involved increases by an order of magnitude with every extra keyword you want to identify for each command...

-Dylan Gondyke