Solved! Go to solution

Custom Display popup is missing

When placing a part or assy into a dft file I normally get the option of selecting my view from a pop up window. This has stopped working for no apparent reason. Have I inadvertantly changed an option ??  Using ST7

4 REPLIES

Re: Custom Display popup is missing

Hi there,

While in draft, go to Solid Edge Options, at the bottom there is "Drawing View Wizard" setting.....pretty sure you'll want to un-check one, or both of the top options.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hi Sean
Tried that with no luck. Wehave another PC in the office which operates correctly so wondering if it's a display driver issue ?
It all works fine till I hit the CUSTOM button and then the PC freezes immediately. I can ESCAPE back out to the Wizard menu and manually select a standard view but this is no good if you want to place a non standard view ??
Thanks anyway.

'Another PC in the office which works fine...' typically reminds me of corrupt registry or user profile.

Do you login to the other PC as well or does some other user logs in to the other PC using a different ID.

In either case, the registry can be repaired so you can probably get the wizard working properly without hanging.

In case you decide to, reset the HKEY_CURRET_USER Solid Edge registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge

Simple delete this and restart SE

Not sure if the wizard appearance is stored in the registry so this is just a guess.

You might lose some of your other color and custom settings when resetting the SE part of the registry.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul-2015
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hi,

This registry key responsibles for "Custom views":

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 107\PrefSets\DVWizard

Rename DVWizzard to DV_1 (for example) and start SE and try it! It should work well! Smiley Wink

BR,

ps.: @Tushar I'm testing your EC macro, my results are reassuring... Smiley Happy

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/