Solved! Go to solution

Custom Family of Parts files for Frame Module Error

[ Edited ]

I have successfully created my own custom parts from a Family of Parts master file (Pipes and Tubes etc) for the standard part library so that I can place them with a length variable.

My problem arises when I attempt to use these FOP files  in the frame module via the standard part interface...I get a frame error "Unable to find any one of the following entities in the selected component that could be used to define the cross section for the frame."

Please see the attached screen shot for the entire message.

How do I correct this in my custom FOP files?

Any help would be greatly appreicated!

I have created my own frame profiles with no problems but want to use the custom family of parts in Standard Parts to be able to select a greater range of variants for a given profile.

Regards

Craig

5 REPLIES

Hi Craig,   As frames are not supported with synchronous,...

Hi Craig,

As frames are not supported with synchronous, you need to create your custom frames in ordered mode.

Thanks & Regards

Naresh

MEKSOL India Engineering Solutions P ltd.

Naresh J
MEKSOL India Engineering Solutions P Ltd

Re: Hi Craig,   As frames are not supported with synchronous,...

Naresh,

Thank you for the reply.

My FOP file is created in ordered mode. My individual custom frame profiles work properly in SE when placed in the "frames directory........but for some reason I cannot get them to work properly thru the standard parts interface after I install the FOP into the database.

Craig
Solution
Solution
Accepted by KennyG (Esteemed Contributor)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

I'm afraid you've gone down a route that will not work. F...

I'm afraid you've gone down a route that will not work. Frames are designed to use the PROFILES (Sketches) from the first feature in the tree. Family of Parts by definition have NO profiles/sketches -- they are copies of the body only. As such, an FOP member can never be used as a frame member. 

Instead, what you should do is start with your master file and do a Save As of it and then edit that profile to the shape you desire and save it. Basically you need to create as many frame "masters" with profile intact as you wish to use. 

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Re: I'm afraid you've gone down a route that will not work. F...

Dan,

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Craig

Re: Custom Family of Parts files for Frame Module Error

"We Frame Flags, Medals, Awards, Uniform, Swords and other military items"
Proudly serving Arlington Virginia DC and Maryland for 18+ Years!
We provide consistent high quality work with best price.

Following is our cacagery.

Custom Frame Solutions,
Picture Framing,
Military Medal Framing,
Shadow Box Framing,
Object Framing,
Custom Frame Solutions,
Custom Frame Shop

Our Web Address. http://crystalgalleryva.com/

For all kind of solutions in Framing in Virginia USA.