Custom interface

Hi, i'm using SE 8 at work for a company, they have already loaded their settings on the program and now i'm personalizing the interface but i found a problem, i have some tabs (family of parts etc) on the left and i want to move them to the right and move the prompt bar but i can't see the blue snap points (the arrows with a little window inside on every side of the work area) when i move the tabs so i can't "snap" the tabs in place.

Here's a screnshot of my SE at home, as you can see while i'm moving a tab on every side a blue arrow appears to let me snap the tab in place.

How can i activate these things?

10 REPLIES

Re: Custom interface

I've heard it's a problem with MP2. What are your MPs at work and home?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

I can confirm, I see this condition with MP2.....it is a known regression, and a fix is touted to be coming.

>> http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/No-Pane-Snap-locations-on-ST8-MP02-w... <<

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

At home i'm using the student version (i used it to learn to use SE) 108.00.00.091

At work i can't remeber, this friday i'll check which MP they have.

Another strange fact is that both PCs have Win 7 64 bit with the Aero theme activated and as you can see from my screenshot the top bar of SE (where there is "Solid Edge ST8 - part..") is semi transparent like every window in Windows 7, instead, on the work PC the SE window is like classic Windows (not trasparent) and it is the only software with this problem.

Modelero wrote:

At home i'm using the student version (i used it to learn to use SE) 108.00.00.091

Hi there,

Just so you know, your Student Edition at home will actually accept maintenance packs, should you wish to apply them to match your work place setup.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

More than match the MP version i wish to fix this problem with the version at work...

Also i think that the MP of the work PC is one of the latest...

(the PC is 1 week old and SE too)

I didn't mean to kudo that but I've been told that MP3 s/b out in a matter of days.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Modelero wrote:

More than match the MP version i wish to fix this problem with the version at work...

Also i think that the MP of the work PC is one of the latest...

(the PC is 1 week old and SE too)

New to ST8, we can now uninstall the maintenance pack separate to the Solid Edge application....so if you have MP2 installed at work, then uninstall it. Now, I am assuming you do not have MP1 installed prior, [if you do, then you are finished] you'll need to download MP1 and install it.

I don't find that pane docking an issue, as I had all mine sorted out prior....but totally understand the frustration this would cause.

Also....if you manage to get your UI set out how you like it, [at home, or at work] you can copy/paste that from one system to another.

You'll find the files here... C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 108\  ...look under the "Customization" folder for your "New Theme"

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Sorry i hadn't understood, i'll try to install the MP1, thanks Smiley Very Happy

Sorry for ultra late reply, this is the license on my work pc: