Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized Quick Access toolbar not recognizing environment

Builder
Builder

Hello users,

Currently using ST9, ordered.  I am having a problem with my customized Quick Access Toolbar themes.  SE is not recognizing the environment I am in, therefore it never has the correct theme loaded.  For example, I have an assembly file open; I need to edit a .par part in that assembly.  So I choose to open the part instead of edit in place.  When that .par file opens, the theme is still showing my theme for an assembly, not a .par.  Or, I will open a draft and the theme it is using is a sheet metal theme.    

When I customize my quick access toolbar, I make sure that I select the correct "Environment to customize" option for each customized toolbar I create.  

I am guessing that there is probably a button or something I am missing.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Brian C.

5 REPLIES

Betreff: Customized Quick Access toolbar not recognizing environment

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @BrianC

what are You meaning with "... shows sheetmetal when in draft?"

Can You post a picture to the forum?

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder

@hawcad,

Here is what is happening.

I have customized my quick access toolbar for each environment.  See the examples below. I added the red rectangle to each view to show what commands are in each one.

Assembly

Assembly Toolbar.png 

Sheet Metal

Sheet Metal Toolbar.png

Part

Part Toolbar.png

Draft

Draft Toolbar.png

So here is my problem. When I open a part file, I would expect (and maybe I am incorrect with that expectation?) that SE would give me the toolbar called "Part". But it doesn't.  It will give me any one of the toolbars above EXCEPT the correct one.  So every time I switch out from one environment to another, I have to manually switch the "theme" from what SE has chosen to the correct "theme".  I have attached a video clip to show you what is happening. You can see that I start out in an assembly. I "open" a sheetmetal part that is in the assembly.  When that sheetmetal part opens, the toolbar that SE gives me is a generic toolbar with only 3 commands in it.  At that point I have to right click the toolbar and select "themes" and then select the toolbar "sheetmetal" in order to get the correct toolbar.

(view in My Videos)

Hopefully this video will help explain this issue I have.

Thanks!

Brian C.

Hi @BrianC

OK, now I'm understanding.

And it isnot really a problem, only a small missunderstanding - by You!

You do not necessarily need a different theme for any environement, only for a different user, or customer, or project type or simply only one single theme for YOu only.

And now, Solid Edge saves those theme settings into this single name BUT for every different environment, that measn part, assembly, sheetmetal, draft and so on.

So save a theme e.g "Brian" change from environement to environement and prepare Your personal settings and buttons.

Save it - done!

You also do not need to change from environement to environement, You simply can do this also directly from the customization menu

20171101_1232.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder

Ok, I see now.  Geez, I made that way more complicated than it had to be.  It all makes sense now.  

The help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks Wolfgang!

Brian C.

Hi @BrianC

welcome!

Yes as always, once You have recognized how it works, it no longer is a miracle

regards
Wolfgang