Cut selected objects in Draft using mouse

Phenom
Phenom

On a Solid Edge Draft sheet, is it possible to cut/copy all selected objects using just the mouse. I don't want to use the keyboard or waste extra mouse clicks switching to the Home tab and back.

7 REPLIES

Re: Cut selected objects in Draft using mouse

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I am not sure why you want to avoid the keyboard. This is nothing faster than ctrl C and ctrl X.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Legend
Legend
Except when they don't work. Like various odd places in SE. Revmanager for one. Other places the context menu doesn't work. I never remember which is which.
Using SE since V12, 2002

Phenom
Phenom

When multiple objects are selected in a Draft sheet, right-clicked and Cut is selected from the context menu, only a single object over which the mouse was right-clicked goes to the clipboard. The rest in the selection are deselected and remain on the sheet - the whole bunch of selected objects do not get 'Cut'.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What is happening is standard Windows behavior....to contain the select set for further actions, you need to hold the "Ctrl" key down when right mouse clicking (or using menu operators)....and all will be right in the cosmos. :-)

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

No Joy. As I select multiple objects in a draft sheet and hold down the Ctrl key while right-clicking one of them, the context menu deoes not appear.

Wish I could show you holding down the Ctrl key in a screen capture.

Aha! and as I keep trying hard - its the Alt key: hold it down and right-double-click on the selection set to pop up the context menu without losing the selection.

unnamed.png

Phenom
Phenom

Yes, and this method works with Ctrl too.

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

Thats right Imi, I am able to confirm this. It works with the Ctrl key too.