Cutting Plane Properties

Genius
Genius

Am wanting to set our template with a different line and text size, I found the properties and can change it there but that will do it only for that file, have been looking in styles didn't find anything yet.Untitled.pngbut

Mervin D. Yoder
CAD | Designing
keimlumber ST9
5 REPLIES

Betreff: Cutting Plane Properties

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

You have to do that for the draft template file and then all new drawing can use this.

Also You can/should organize that setting (view setting under formats) to copy/save this back to a central "MTL" file from where You can copy back it into older draft files too.

20161012_1338.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Genius
Genius

So how do I save those settings in our draft template, if i right click on the cutting plane i can get to the properties like shown in the image, there i can change the sizes we want but if i do another cutting plane it goes back to the old settings again, it seems these settings should be in styles somewhere so we can change it, save the template.

See right now we right click on the section go to the properties change it, but that only changes the one that was selected.

Mervin D. Yoder
CAD | Designing
keimlumber ST9

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

You will find them (see picture above) under the style options for draft views.

And You have to use Your certain view style which again could be defined under the general options tab

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

To set up styles like this you have to open the template, add a temp view, and set the style. Once you save the template with the style, you can then go back and delete the temp view. The style will stay at that point.

Genius
Genius

12GAGE,

That is exactly what I had been missing, the settings are staying Smiley Tongue Thank you !

Mervin D. Yoder
CAD | Designing
keimlumber ST9