DEVELOP3D LIVE 2015: Next generation CAD tools - panel discussion

Phenom
Phenom
2 REPLIES

Re: DEVELOP3D LIVE 2015: Next generation CAD tools - panel discussion

Phenom
Phenom

Funny to hear 5 "Cloud" proponents struggle to show why the cloud does this better then existing methods.  I know this is all their jobs at their relative companies, but I hear nothing in their voices that sounds very confident or compelling.  It's all smoke and mirrors to me, and until the "Internet of Things" becomes more secure, this whole "cloud" thing will just be another marketing BS solution looking for a problem.

Sorry but I listened to all 5 deliver their opening statements, only to loose interest.

Bob

Re: DEVELOP3D LIVE 2015: Next generation CAD tools - panel discussion

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You are braver than I am Bob, I never tuned in for the silliness. Consider the lack of security, the lack of indemnification for users of these products who suffer losses as a result and the lousy internet backbone they can't fix because they don't own or control it. Reminds me a lot of the DotCom stuff where people with ideas were looking for, ahem, investors so they could cash out quick and haul away the dough before anyone found out how lame and problematical the programs were.

When your job is marketing and magazines that have to have content each month you have to make something sound exciting every month.