DIM. OFF "DWG VIEW BOUNDRY" - issue

Builder
Builder

When i try and dimension near the edge of a drawing view boarder my leading lines are "not showing up" 

What am i doing wrong.....this does not happen when dimensioning from a detail, only off the edge of a resized drawing view boarder???

4 REPLIES

Re: DIM. OFF "DWG VIEW BOUNDRY" - issue

Builder
Builder

I found that it has to do with the "far" edge of the part being dimensioned (where the dimension point is located). If i go to the far edge and pick the dimension point I can re-drag it to the proper location......then the dimension is ok and its represented correctly with no lines "ghosted out". *I dont re-call this happening prior to st8 (also very rare for me to dimension from a re-sized drawing view boarder but it does happen)

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nate,

I've seen this before, but just tried to recreate this issue, and it is working as expected here.

What is your SE version & MP level?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

This certainly happens on ST7, and as far as I can remember on every version I've used.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Builder
Builder

I am on ST8 MP1.

Not a huge issue for me, just one of those small "quirks" that poke at me. Was hoping there was a work-a-round. My co-worker does not have this issue either Sean.