DISPLAYING EXPLODED CONFIGURATION

Builder
Builder

I create multiple exploded views daily in the "ERA" (explode-render-animate) environment. Then display these exploded configurations on a draft page for our shop guys like many others i'm sure.

I am currently working with an assembly where I have created an exploded view from the asm and the draft environment will not display it. I just get "no selection" ??? 

I have never ran into this issue. I did rename the asm. & dft. but did re-link the model to the draft by editing links (i have done this before with no issue). I am stuck and cannot figure out what I have done Smiley Frustrated

Any help would be appreciated!

-Nate-

5 REPLIES

Re: DISPLAYING EXPLODED CONFIGURATION

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Did you make the changes before or after renaming the assembly file? If before, then you need ro copy/rename the .cfg file as well. That holds all the explode information and would explain the explode configurations missing.

Builder
Builder

I didnt make any changes........just created an exploded view which i think was after i renamed it (i think). Also i did rename the configuration file to match the model.

Tinkering around, I deleted the configuration file all-together then re-created the exploded view and the draft environment still doesnt read/display my saved (ERA) configuration. This leads me to believe that there is a setting or something that has got changed in the model itself maybe, but this is a wild guess. 

hmmmmm.....

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

How did you rename your model file?  Did you use Revision Manager?

Revision Manager will automatically rename the CFG file with the ASM.  You might want to open your Assembly and see what config file the assembly is currently pointing to.  If you did not rename it with Revision Manager, it may be pointing to the old CFG name which no longer exists.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Builder
Builder

Ken,

I did not use revision manager to do this simply bc it is a very simple (just created & new design) model with 5 parts lol. After reading your reply I was hoping that was the problem bc i did not check that, BUT after analysing it the model is pointing to the right configuration file. I have done this probly 100 times in the past with zero issues. I can open a totally different draft from the past to a different model and it works fine, just not this one.

Any other ideas?

SIDE NOTE: Yes I should use revision manager-just seems like so much hassle compared to simply hitting F2 to rename a config file that takes literally 3 seconds.

Builder
Builder

seems unfixable!