Solved! Go to solution

DXF export bug - block related

I think I've found a bug with the DXF draft translation in ST7.  Would someone be able to confirm if it's still in ST8/9 or even just related to my setup please? Example files attached.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a draft of a part/asm file with 2 or more sheets

2. The drawing sheet template includes a block, in our case it's the title block

3. Have the base view on the sheets to be different scales e.g. 1:5 on on sheet and 1:10 on the other

4. Save-As-Translated to DXF with "export to paper space" turned off, and "Model Space Scaling Options" set to "Use base view scale"

Result: It seem having the same block on two sheets at two different export scales confuses the translator, resulting in the block being scaled and positioned wrong in on of the exported sheets.

Workaround: "Unblock" the block in the template and it exports fine.

7 REPLIES

Re: DXF export bug - block related

[ Edited ]

I am trying this out with ST 8 MP 8

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex_H
‎06-16-2016 07:32 AM

[ Edited ]

Found some unusual activity on Sheet 2.

The test block is found out of the margins of the sheet and the title block has moved from its position away from bottom-right corner.

2016June16_01.png

Thanks a lot @Tushar, that's exactly what I was seeing. At least I know it's not just me!

[ Edited ]

Not able to verify your workaround Alex Smiley Sad

Did not try it again after the first attempt.

This is a nightmare bug for me in ST7 and ST8. I have to pass back and forth large drawing templates and finished drawings in DXF from a supplier who has NX. Since everything is blocked, the backgrounds on stuff I import and then work with turn to garbage. 

I wish I knew the API well enough to write a little thing to iterate through all blocks and unblock them. Manually trying to unblock everything on a D sized template is painful.

-Dylan Gondyke

Try the attached macro - Unblock.exe that will unblock all selected.

~Tushar Suradkar

Solid Edge Users Facebook Group

Tushar, many thanks my friend! That is awesome!

-Dylan Gondyke