DXF flat file output (ST9 mp 6)

There appears to be a problem with the correct geometry being exported when you have a dimple with a hole.  I have the settings set to not export up features, down features, and complex holes but I end up getting partial geometry showing up.  The only way I can get the DXF to look correct is to suppress the dimples.  That cannot be the "right" way to to do this.randomness of lines exportedrandomness of lines exportedrandomness of lines exportedrandomness of lines exported3d image of pan with dimples3d image of pan with dimples

4 REPLIES

Betreff: DXF flat file output (ST9 mp 6)

Hi @MikeSaari

is it possible to upload Your file for testing?

regards
Wolfgang

sure

This file has the dimples suppressed, but if you unsuppress them you'll have to change the direction of the cut outs.

Hi @MikeSaari

I must worry about, but I think I have bad news for You!

See the image of my flat pattern DXF export/import from ST9 mp6

For me everything seems to be within the DXF and in the flaten psm too.

20170519_1529.PNG20170519_1531.PNG

So I tink it must have to do more with Your options and settings than with ST9 mp6

Or will I oversee something?

regards
Wolfgang

The problem is the dimple features are not supposed to get exported, because if they are the laser will try to cut the lines that it sees.  I need the layer for down features to not get exported.  When I turn off that layer I get many missing lines.

Siemens Documentation: Layers tab (Save As Flat DXF Options dialog box)

Solid Edge Features

Lists the Solid Edge sheet metal features that you can export to the AutoCAD document. The features you can export include:

Up/Down Centerline

The centerline of a face that is bent up or down.

Up/Down Features

Any dimple, louver, drawn cutout, or bead feature found on an up or down face in the sheet metal file.

Outer Loop

The outer most profile in the sheet metal part when viewed from a top view of the flat pattern.

Interior Loop

All closed shapes defined within the outer loop in a sheet metal part except for those that are created by dimples, louvers, cutouts, or bead features.

Complex Holes

Counter bores, counter sinks, tapered, and threaded holes. Siemens Documentation: Layers tab (Save As Flat DXF Options dialog box)

Solid Edge Features

Lists the Solid Edge sheet metal features that you can export to the AutoCAD document. The features you can export include:

Up/Down Centerline

The centerline of a face that is bent up or down.