Solved! Go to solution

Decimal Places for FoP Varibles Table

Hi Folks,

Lifetime Creo/Pro-E user here, so please bear with me. I've been using SE ST6 for a couple of months now, learning by the seat of my pants and by the grace of the search function in this community.

I've got a million questions, but the most recent is this: I have a family of parts established in a spring model, fairly simplified. When displaying the variables in the draft table, (1) how can I control the displayed decimal places, and (2) how do I lose the unit of measure (in) suffix? I can do this easily for property text, but cannot find the option in the table properties or column formatting to achieve this.

Thanks!

Solid Edge ST6 - Unmanaged
Win7 Pro - Dell Precision Xeon rig, 16Gb, Quadro M2000
10 REPLIES

Re: Decimal Places for FoP Varibles Table

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure how your table is constructed but assume here it uses properties the same way parts lists do. So check the following images:

The first for precision and the second for unit of measure labels.

@3/NU is for 3 decimal points.

precision.pngunit labels.JPG

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Right on, thanks Bruce. Your second suggestion got me exactly what I wanted for removing the UMs. Unfortunately (I guess), my table is set up using the Family of Parts derived from the Variables tables. As you can see, the values entered in the Variables table are at 3 places, so I'm assuming the accuracy control is somewhere in the table properties?

spring_data_fop.png

spring_data_fop_vars.png

[ Edited ]

I'm not familiar with FOP tables so I don't know how they are constructed. How are the variables assigned to columns? Just by editing the data tab?

Bruce Shand

I've added these to the Variables Table by way of the Family of Parts flyout:

spring_data_fop2.png

Unit precision can be controlled via options as well. I'm not sure if this is the best way though.

To get the table to change after changing the precision do an "update views".

unitprecision.JPG

Bruce Shand

Hole tables have a "round off" setting. Seems like there could be more effort made toward unifying the interface for different tables. Each kind - parts list, hole table, FOP, (others?) has a different way to change precision.

Bruce Shand

I can't seem to access the Units options from drawing mode, and Command Finder can't locate it either. But I feel like I've explored that option, still coming up short for a fix for the table data. I will continue searching for an answer.

I haven't used a Hole Table yet, but I've gone through the options in the Styles dialogs and found plenty of flexibility in there for accuracy, just nothing that applied to the table. At this point, it would seem that the on;y answer is to construct my own FoP table from scratch using property text, but that seems overly complex. And with this, I'll agree that there seems to be some lack of effort in development to normalize the display of this type of reported data. Why isn't the table reporting exactly the data derived from the model?

And the thought is not lost on me that, as a new user, the answer could easily be related to my inexperience. But I would still think that that answer should not be so hard to find. Bruce, I appreciate your help and insight.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Papasaurus
‎11-15-2016 09:36 AM

units.JPG

Bruce Shand

Well, there you have it. Thank you Bruce, that worked splendidly. Dunno why I couldn't see it before, the menus are a bit different in ST6, but I sould've been able to recognize the options in the properties dialog.

It seems like every time I find a solution to some operational issue I have in SE, I find my self asking more questions. Like, why are the units in my drawing templates different from the units in my model templates? During this quest, I've come up with quite a few questions to put to whomever is guiding our CAD administration.