Deform surface

Hello,

has solidedge the capabilities do morph surfaces, simillar to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZg7ZB8wgGQ

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXRbHtP7Ozo

Tiago
7 REPLIES

Betreff: Deform surface

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @TiagoFigueiredo

no I don't think so.

There are methods and function to modify geometry but not in such a way.

If You split the body at Your bend position You can rotate it afterwards, but there will not be a bend readisu in that way as seen in the video.

regards
Wolfgang

For the solid you have right. But if I want to make a curved shape starting in a complex surface... I saw an presentation of zw3d doing that in surface no just on solids. And I was amazed. I only have seen this on catia or nx. And this software costs around 4000€. And it's an competitor to solidedge. Simply amazing...
Tiago

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @TiagoFigueiredo

I think this also depends a lot on the target market for a software and on the kernel it uses.

Which possibilities this is offering and so on.

Finally on what will developeres open for their users.

And this again depends a lot on what the users want and what they need.

And what they need how often.

If You would lik to modify surfaces, start with blue surfs.

You can add additional definiton curves later which allow You to modify the resulting shape of the surface again.  This in a very, very far-fetched way goes in the direction of murphing as You menitoned.

Personally I want developers let fullfill a series of other functions, I think we need more before enhance the surface capabilities.

And I see a constant  approvement in surfaces and curves over the last couple of years.

If murphing is important to You  then simply create an enhancement request and if enough people go with You I'm absoluteley confient that this will be integrated in the code.

regards
Wolfgang

Hawcad, don't make me wrong, I'm a big fan of solidedge. The presented enhancements in recent years are incredibly. But yes I think that in terms of surfacing Solidedge lacks a bit, but it's improving. Another thing that really lacks, is macro recording. How do we create a enhancement request?

Many thanks
Tiago

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @TiagoFigueiredo

supposing YOu are not in the USA then You call Your VAR and tell him Your wishes/requests.

He will take care about to enter this into the GTAC IR list from where it should become an ER later on.

Tip:

Prepare Your request with as many as possible clear definitions, pictures, videos, to explain as detailed as possible what You want.

Together with the info about other products in the market this could lead to a very good and mybe fast enhancement.

regards
Wolfgang

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Hello Tiago,

You contact us, Cadflow, that are your VAR and we will create the ER for you. A lot of surfacing improvements made on ST6 were requests from some of our customers on the industrial design area.

Just get in touch with us.

Best regards,
Carlos

Re: Deform surface

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Tiago, by mixing Synchronous and Ordered, you get something similar in Solid Edge:

https://youtu.be/BrRrDMMAfPw?t=1m42s