Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed reaction on mouse commands

Genius
Genius

Hi

In the Solid Edge Version 10, I sometimes observe delayed reactions to mouse-over or mouse-click.

For demonstration, I created a little video, which shows a moderate delay compared to other occurences. (From time to time I observed even much more delay, sometimes more than 10 seconds with no reaction occuring to the momentaneous mouse position.) The program indeed all the time instantly reacts to moving the mouse with and displaying the mouse movement on the display, but it lets me wait to show the menu in reaction to the mouse position. I attach a little video - with only 6 seconds delay, what is irritating enough. Looking at the  Task-Manager and the Resource-Manager in the bottom of the video, it seems that SolidEdge takes quite a lot of the CPU just in the process of acitvating the Smart-Dimension function or switching to Protrusion and back again to Smart-Dimension. A lack of memory (with the necessity of swapping memory) is obviously not the cause, as only 10% of the memory is used.

But it's not only on mouse action: If I mark an item in the PathFinder and hit the Del-key of the keyboard, the reaction takes similarly long.

(view in My Videos)

Another observation i made (shown at after about 1minute in the video) is that the undo list is deleted in the moment, I switch to another tab and come back. Is that expected behaviour?

And a third observation I made is that Solid Edge sometimes disappear from the Task-Manager's application display, reoccuring a more or long while later. I don't know, what this means.

best regards

Hans

5 REPLIES

Re: Delayed reaction on mouse commands

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

What OS? It looks like the Win10 Fall Creator's update issue talked much about on this forum already. If so, there is a solution.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

You should definitely read through this thread.

Genius
Genius

Hi Bruce and Martin

Thank You for replying.

I guess You both point to the same solution. I have had a feeling there was some discussion, but I didn't find it searching with "delay" and I wasn't shure enough.

@bshandMy system is Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

• The latest cumulative Windows Stability Update KB4058258 is reported as downloaded but not yet installed.
  • The latest installed Windows Update is KB4056829 from 05.jan.2018 - the update log reports an error.
  • The latest installed Windows Update without error is the  Reliability Update KB4058043 from 16.dec.2017.

@MartinBernhardThanks for issuing the link to the discussion.

So I now try to reboot the system to allow the latest update to be installed. In the thread You told me @Fiorini first reported no change after report, but later reported it as promising and performance being back. I'll look, what it does for me.

best regards

Hans

Phenom
Phenom

@Hans11 wrote:

In the thread You told me @Fiorini first reported no change after report, but later reported it as promising and performance being back. I'll look, what it does for me.

What really fixed the problem (for me) was the KB4058258 as reported in the linked topic.

Genius
Genius

So, that was the solution:

The latest cumulative Windows Stability Update KB4058258 is installed now, and the delay has vanished.

Thanks all for setting me on the right track

best regards

Hans