Deleted Material Table

Hi,

I accidently deleted one of the material in the material table. How can I get back the material to use it?

Muhammad Ayub

ST9 Solid Edge User

Window 10

4 REPLIES

Re: Deleted Material Table

Can you open an existing part with that material, the in the material table, save it back to the table.

No, I don't have that part anymore. I try to uninstall and reinstall back but still cannot found it.

Hi,

but what I cann't understand at the moment is, that if You don't have the part anymore as well as the material db, what prevents You from defining thematerial new?

Or if You don't need it anymore, there is even no need for it, isn't it?

regards
Wolfgang

Hi,

additional question:

Since a reinstall of Solid Edge hasn't change anything, I must assume that the material was defined by Yourself.

What I can recommend as principal is, to hold all Your personal data, options, settings - and material belongs to that category, within a special folder rather then to let it in the default directory of the program.

Latest when installing a new version can let You forget to copy thos material, hole, etc. files which then will be lost for the new version.

And having this files at a server will normally provide a backup of them for worst case situations.

But to be honest, man always knows things better after the happend!

regards
Wolfgang