Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Deleting cut in Synchronous

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have an imported part that I needed to make a modifaction to. Since we only have the very basic version of solidedge, I do not have the ability to take a cross section. In order to get around it, I cut the body in half using a rectangle. I then made my change while viewing the cross section. Now I am trying to remove the cutout I made but when I try to delete the cutout feature, I get a delete failure message.

Does any one know how to resolve this issue? Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Deleting cut in Synchronous

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

It's always helpful to indicate what version you are using. And screenshots or videos of your workflow. Uploading the part file is highly recommended as well.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Betreff: Deleting cut in Synchronous

Hi @GarrettN

if this part is a Sync part, then I can imagine that deleting the "CUT" will not work.

Since Sync does not have a history and what was the cut at creation time might not be the same as several steps later.

See a "Feature" in Sync as as group of faces which soemhow were created together with the same function, and nothing more.

Deleting something in sync always must be done in that way, taht SE can close and fill the remaining faces.

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the info. I prefer to no have to upload my model. I am using SolidEdge 10. Attached is a picture of my workflow. The other side is almost an exact mirror just to give you an idea of what it is supposed to look like.

@GarrettN If we don't have a model to test it's hard to help. Why is it easier to upload a picture rather than a part unless there are proprietary concerns? And that part doesn't appear to fit that description. But what @hawcad said applies: without history it doesn't know what to do.

Anyway, here's one possibility:

(view in My Videos)

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the info, I found a different way around the problem. I just found out how to make tha change I needed without taking the "cross section"

Thank you for all the help!