Solved! Go to solution

Deleting multiple sheets (tabs) in a draft file with one command similar to Excel.

Is there a way to delete multiple sheets (tabs) in a draft file?

Excel will allow multiple tabs to be selected by selecting 1st tab then with either <shift> or <ctrl> pressed selecting other tabs.

This would be a huge time saver when I am finalizing drawings for archiving.

This isn't something that an Incedent Report to GTAC would seem appropriate for, any suggestion on procedure to get this added to SE?

Some draft files I work with have 20 or more sheets in them. It is my preference for doing this and works fine. I have enough computer power it is not an issue, except with update all command, which I stay away from. I update views individually or use update all and go to bathroom or get a coffee refill.

I am on ST9, MP3.

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer II | Probes & New Product Development Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA T +1 419 525 8554 gary.dinges@emerson.com

10 REPLIES

Re: Deleting multiple sheets (tabs) in a draft file with one command similar to Excel.

[ Edited ]

Funny the dialog say's "Selected sheets" - plural. Maybe not so funny...

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary_Dinges
‎12-13-2016 11:15 AM

Re: Deleting multiple sheets (tabs) in a draft file with one command similar to Excel.

Hi Gary

I have written a macro that does that. If the draft file is open, it will list all of the sheets and you select the ones you want to delete using Shift/Ctrl click and then hit a delete sheets button. If you want it I can let you have a copy.

Alan,

I would very much appreciate the macro.

Prior to ST9, which I only installed about a month ago, I would have draft files with many sheets in them. It was much easier switching between them to make a correction to them. They are all similar of a rather simple assemblies for tempreture sensing we produce. I am converting a lot of them to Solid Edge that were drawn poorly by or China group in AutoCAD. I often find something that needs tweaked on many drawings and having them in one file simplified moving back and forth.

I have one draft file now that has 60 plus sheets in it. Computer respose is good, other than update all views is slow, but I avoid that and only update the one or two views in each drawing.

It gets somewhat time consuming though when I need to split large file up into individual sheets for release.

With ST9, it is much easier to switch between individual drawings due to the added open file bar.

THANK YOU,

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer II | Probes & New Product Development
Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA
T +1 419 525 8554

gary.dinges@emerson.com

Hi Gary

I'll email you a link to get it from. Just be aware that it is given on an as is where is basis. I have a customer who is using it and haven't heard of any problems. The program is very basic, so should be self explanatory.

Regards

Alan Pope

Cad Central limited

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hijack this discussion but could not resist sharing my version of this functionality, and this one is for everyone else Robot Frustrated

The help file clearly mentions the following, though I was not able to figure out how to pick multiple drawing sheet tabs in ST9.

HelpQ.png

Notes:

1. The dialog is sizable to view long sheet names.

2. Since checked boxes are used in the list box, sheet names must be 'double-clicked' to pick before hitting the delete button.

3. If required the program can be changed to use a simple list box without check boxes hence single click selection of sheet names but Shift+Control keys need to be used for multiple selection.

4. VB.Net source code is available for free on request.

Thanks.

~Tushar Suradkar

fb.pngSolid Edge Users Facebook Group

Hi

What is the attachment?

Alan wrote:

Hi

What is the attachment?

"DeleteSheeets.zip" - at the end of my previous post.

Alan,

Macro is excellent, and very helpful.

Macro acts just like Excel, only in a dialog box which is great.

Thank You,

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer II | Probes & New Product Development Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA T +1 419 525 8554 gary.dinges@emerson.com

It is so frustrating to see people using a public forum to connect and share information privately.