Deleting overlapping rounds (getting back to the orginal shape without rounds)

Creator
Creator

Hello, I have a design body in which I applied a round to some edges. Two of the round edges overlap each other. Now I cannot get back to the shape without the rounds (Please see the attachment). Could you please help me solve this problem?

5 REPLIES

Re: Deleting overlapping rounds (getting back to the orginal shape without rounds)

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I am unable to open your part file.
Are you using the academic version of Solid Edge?
Cheers
Mark

Re: Deleting overlapping rounds (getting back to the orginal shape without rounds)

Creator
Creator

I am using an academic version! The parasolid file is attached now. 

Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

Best to post in the Student Edition section of the forum, as @MF states, commercial versions cannot open these files. [by design] Some of us commercial version users have [although limited] access to Student Edition.

To your question though, this is a limitation of the synchronous work flow, or rather a mind set training procedure, for when primary faces can get consumed, beyond the reach of "undo". Many Synch users are placing their rounds, especially for cases like this, in Ordered mode, to retain the original state face set, if these are still in design flux. [see attached]

OptSim-D60-1P-WithFilter03-Coinc02 [SectionView].png

....but it is still very easy to restore. Select and delete the lower fillet, then sketch new semicircles to make a protrusion.....then once made, select the resulting face and it will be editable to the size it should be.

OptSim-D60-1P-WithFilter03-Coinc02 [SketchForProtrusion].png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

the other tip/trick here is replace face.

So some times createing a tangent plane and replace to the plane or in this case extrude a cylindrical surface and replace to the surface.

BUt as mentioned the most prefered method is to put all treatment features in ordered.

Creator
Creator

Thank you for the solution. I will post questions to the SE section later. 

Adding material through the exisiting part caused some glitch, but I could completely remove the material and resize the inner dimension to get it restored.

Best regards

-Sunil