Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Manager Where Used Issues

Phenom
Phenom

I am running SE ST9 Foundation on a monthly subscription doing some contract engineering work. Everything works as expected, except that I am not able to find any drawings when I run where used from Design Manager (DM). This is a clean install on a laptop computer.

I never had an issue with this on ST9 at work when using the floating license arrangement. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? All of my .dft live in the same folder as their linked model.

When I open an assembly in DM I see all of the structure as normal and I can revise sub-assembly and part models as expected. However, when I run a where used on the selected models to find the linked drawings to revise them I always get the same results: Nothing found.

Seems strange, but with some of the new settings perhaps I am missing something.

TIA,

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317
6 REPLIES

Re: Design Manager Where Used Issues

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Are .dfts selected in process options?

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

Yes, drafts are selected in process options.

I am running the where used just as I always have. It is just that this is now a fresh installation running a monthly subscription Foundation package on my home laptop.

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @rehenryjr

have You checked wether the indexing service is running correctly and the setting for the "FastSearch" are defined right.

I very ofte had the situation, that after days and weeks of proper working suddenly the Fast Search didn't work anymore.

One possible reason I've found for me were Windows Updates.

They canceled or deleted the registration for the Solid Edge Property Handle.dll

So running through the Obsticles of Fast Search (do a look into the Knowledge Base or the SE Blog for that) helped me in most situations.

Here is the link:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Blog/Getting-Over-Obstacles-to-Solid-Edge...

regards
Wolfgang

Legend
Legend

I use the monthly subscription at home as well, for side work. I had the same issue with ST9 until I installed the latest maintenance pack last week.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with monthly subscription, but thought I'd note that. I also believe I'm using Classic at home.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@hawcad We [GTAC] are still actively working to try to identity the root cause of this Windows 10 unregistering the Solid Edge property handler .dll. Obviously once we know the root cause we can then hopefully provide a permanent fix. We currently have some special logging instructions you can implement that will then capture when and how the dll next becomes unregistered. Please either contact your Partner and have them contact GTAC for the instructions or you can PM me directly on this forum and we can work through it together.

If you would be willing to implement this special logging it would be greatly appreciated, because as previously stated, until we know the root cause we cannot provide a fix.

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks Wolfgang.

It was indeed the SEpropertyhandler.dll registration.

The link you provided was a big help. I checked in explorer and none of the SE properties were shown. I don't think this was a situation where the SEpropertyhandler.dll became unregistered. I have to believe it never registered during the installation of SE ST9, but I have no way to verify that unless it becomes unregistered again. I am running Windows 10.

Thanks again!

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317