what the &%^#?
ST9, just updated to MP11, and still can't get consistent results with where used finding the drafts. It will work once, come back and try to fix something, and over/over/over it won't find the drafts. Read Me for MP11 says this was addressed,.......................
The first time I tried to copy my project, where used asked if i wanted to do something with the folder, don't remember what it's called. I was able to get it to find my drafts. I canceled, started over, and won't find drafts. Maybe it's a windows setting? Index folder?
So, I changed the search for files from the "green" folder, to a higher level folder that was "red" and it found my drafts. Check to not index this folder. So, it would seem it has something to do with indexed folders. Can you turn it off within Solid Edge, or do you have to do it within Windows? I don't know the downfall of doing either, and hoping someone else has been down this route.
Better yet, why is this an issue a year+ after release of ST9? Is it my computer, and nobody else?
I have had problems with finding drafts in Design Manager multiple times and this post helped me:
It happened again just a couple of days ago after working properly for weeks. In my case, it was due to the SEPropertyHandler.dll becoming unregistered for some unknown reason. Registering the dll per the instructions solved my problems each time. I think this is a Windows issue but I can't be certain. I am running Windows 10.
Kudos to @hawcad for pointing it out to me.
thanks for mentioning and kudo me.
Maybe it willl be a good day, if reading the MP2 readme file where an entry shows some changes to the BiDM and lost of DLL
I hope now the problem is fixed.
I regret the inconvenience caused. You have heard right, we had fixed the Solid Edge property handler registration problem in ST9 MP11 and ST10 MP1. Can you please share the IR number you have filed for this Where used issue you are facing on ST9MP11 so that I could have a closer look to your issue?
The problem with the SE property handler registration occurred in ST9, MP 11 just this past week. However, I am running a dual install with ST10, MP 1 (at the time) for testing, so my installations may not be a good example of this situation. I can say for certain that I noticed the issue again in ST 9 after I had been in ST10 for a short period of time and then activated ST9. I can't say if the problem existed in ST10 as I did not test it there while ST10 was activated.
I did not raise an IR on the problem because it was a known issue and I had the solution to fix the problem.
Thanks for the updates, please let us know your observation once you install ST10MP1. I believe SE property registration issue should not be reproducible with ST9MP11 and ST10MP1. If it persists then I would need an IR (with detailed steps) to investigate it.
Please keep me posted on your progress...
Thanks and Regards,
Technical Product Manager