Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Design Manager has stopped reloading?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

When i used to rename or move a file using Design Manager, after i clicked "Perform Actions", it used to reload itself automatically so i could continue with other actions. Now, it does not re-load and I have to manually open up the file again to make changes.

Any idea why or how to fix this?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Design Manager has stopped reloading?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

So there is nothing in the DM window at all after perform actions?

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Pioneer
Pioneer

@bshand,

Sorry I should have explained further - Design Manager stays open, it just doesn't let me perform any more than that one action.

I used to be able to (for example) replace a file (one action), then rename a file (second action), and could keep going with as many actions as I pleased.

Now, if i do the first action, it doesn't allow me to do a 2nd. Instead, i have to close the model and reload it. Which is rather frustrating when there are several things I want to do in succesion.

Hi @User_Error

no, not here.

Just tested given scenario and after copy a file (with interpart) I was able to rename another file, move a file to a new folder, and so on.

So DM for me is working as usual and without any problems.

regards
Wolfgang

Same as @hawcad here. DM works normally. What version and MP are you on?

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

@User_Error  Do you happen to have the option "Change text to past tense when action is complete" on?  It may be causing the behavior...

2018-06-22_8-36-44.png

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Pioneer
Pioneer

@KennyG that's fixed it!

I'm not sure how or why that option came to be on in the first instance but regardless that's what was causing it to not auto-refresh.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Hi @KennyG

great!

I've never thought that this option can influence the behaviour of the DM taht much.

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

@KennyG Boy talk about an encyptic option..I don't even understand what the option would do. Can you explain further?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@RyanM from the Solid Edge help:

http://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/110/se_help#uid:xid1129777:xid1329553:index_xid132982...

<--

Siemens Documentation: General tab, Options dialog box

Change text to past tense when action is complete

Changes the entry in the Action column to the past tense and displays the date and time of the action. For example, suppose you check this option and revise a part. When you run the Perform Actions command with this option enabled, the entry in the Actions column is Revised <date & time>.

-->

Basically, it does not update the data in the window to reflect the result of the action performed and instead leaves the data unchanged but  updates the text to reflect the action that has been made to the data e.g. goes from an action of Revise to Revised once completed.