Design Manger - Loses track of copied range of cells from Excel

Hello,

I frequently link Excel spreadsheets into Solid Edge drafts for BOMs etc.  The range of cells shows up in Revisions Manager and Design Manager when a draft file is opened.

Previously, when revising a drawing in Revision Manager, I would copy the necessary Solid Edge files, but I could also copy the spreadsheet to a new rev and Revision Manager would maintain the range of cells I had copied and linked.

Today, I followed the same process in Design Manager, but noticed once I copied (Save As - still don't get that one) the range of cells no longer showed.  when I opened the new revision of the draft file, I found out that Design Manager had just copied the entire range of cells rather than the ones I wanted.  Now I have to go back to Excel and copy/link paste the cells again.  

This is definitely a regression.

I really wish Solid Edge had gathered more feedback on Design Manager before releasing it.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
1 REPLY

Re: Design Manger - Loses track of copied range of cells from Excel

Hello,

Here is what it looks like in Design Manger before the copy.  I had two copies in the draft file each with a certain range of cells so they would fit on the page.

Excel Range Before Copy.JPG

And after the copy

Excel Range After Copy.JPG

Notice how there is only one instance of the spreasheet and the cell range is gone.  When I reopen the draft file, there are still two instances, but each has the full range of cells and are way to big to fit on the page.  I then have to delete them and re-copy and paste link new instances.  

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1