Design/Revision Manager - Revise multiple files at the same time

[ Edited ]

One thing that I think is time consuming is when I want to revise multiple files at the same time.

For example, say that I have 10 drawings(and their parts) that I want to revise, I open all 10 drawing one by one in revision manager --> Set action to revise on both .dft & .par--> Perform action

Is there any better (=faster) way to do this?

When I release the drawings/parts after my changes I use life cycle assistant and there I can select all 10 drawing/parts and just change status to release, press next and finish and then I’m done. A much faster procedure then the one above.

5 REPLIES

Betreff: Design/Revision Manager - Revise multiple files at the same time

Hi @stefan_s

at the moment I see only one quick and dirty method to do this and that might be to bring all the parts into an assembly (there is a macro whcih provides a one click solution for that) and from here YOu can start the DesignManager where again YOu can revise all parts and - a ST9 feature -  all according drafts in one step

regards
Wolfgang

Okay, to bad there isn't a feature built in for that... But where can I find your macro? Smiley Happy

Hi Stefan,

I thought it was a macro by Klaus (incobase) but it isn't.

So I put the old version I have together with the readme into attached zip

Start the macro, select Your files and they will be inserted into the asm which still is opend .

Hope this is OK, but as I remember was it an open macro .

regards
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you for the macro! It seems to work but I can't pick files from our manage insight server, only from different drives?

/Stefan

@stefan_s, It likely isn't compatible with managed files.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200