Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Design manager "issue"

Phenom
Phenom

@bshand - Very true Bruce, but you wouldn't get the error shown in your original post.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST10 MP12 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@beachcomber  Do you mean the second error I posted? I think I should still get the first one about duplicate files.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP4 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello Bruce,

I need some more information on Issue #2 - about showing error message - "The highlighted location ..."

- Does your assembly has any interpart link which is also getting set to 'Save As'?

- Can you please expand the assembly and see if any other file is also set to 'Save As' action but having same location in 'New Location'?

Your feedback would help us to understand this issue better.

Regards,

Deepak

Phenom
Phenom

@bshand

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. The error shown in the image you posted.

As you say, you would get the duplicate files message.

Sometimes you get this message even when it isn't an error - for example if you do a rename/copy on any where-used docs that include multiple parts from within the assembly.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST10 MP12 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

@Deepak_Kulkarni, No. At first I was copying an assembly and its draft. Just two files, no more. I got the error, so I tried just copying one and also got the error. I ended up just opening both files and doing a save as to get the task done.

Bruce Shand

Genius
Genius

As far as I know, in the old Revision Manager a small black triangle appeared in the left row with grey boxes when you tried to copy two files to the same destination. Hence, you could find the culprit by scrolling through the tree.

@vongahlen, I don't remember what RM did but I can't use it anyway. Also I wasn't copying two files to the same destination, I was copying a file whose name already existed. Since we use Insight the destination doesn't matter. It is set not to allow duplicate names in the database.

Bruce Shand