Solved! Go to solution

Detail defaults?

How do I set the defaults for details, like the Font and Font size. A template will not have  any detail views to save the settings, So where are those setting so I dont have to go edit the Font and Font size every time I add a detail?

8 REPLIES

Re: Detail defaults?

[ Edited ]

An empty .dft will still have view and font styles. You could just save one of your existing drawings with settings you like as your template. After saving it, delete any views and make sure no link to a model remains.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

So there really is no place to set it other than within the detail properties, correct?

When I go edit the specifics for one detail, that does not become the default for the next set of details.

As a result, I would not expect that to work, but will give it a try.

What specifics do you mean?

Bruce Shand

[ Edited ]

I added a screen shot with arrows pointing to the specifics

Also wroth note: the font style already contains those specifics, but they dont carry through to the detail specifics.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author 12GAGE
‎03-30-2016 10:35 AM

[ Edited ]

In your template file try Styles > Drawing View > 'Your Style' > Modify

I think all the settings you want are in there.

To create a new style click one of the existing ones and then Modify.

You might also need to make some settings in Solid Edge > Options

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

@beachcomber has it. You need to create a view style with those things in your image set.

Bruce Shand

That solved it.

It was under:

Styles/Drawing View/Modify Drawing View style/Caption Format

The first time I edited those it did not take, but once I also used the "Based on" and set the name to the main font style, that took. Now I can save it as a template and have the details use my text style.

Thank you!

Yeah, anything in that view style modify dialog can be preset including captions with properties, text style, etc. And you can set up multiple view styles if needed.

Bruce Shand