Did a virus kill my Rev Manager?

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

We had a virus go through our computers the other day and I think I found an issue on my machine.  I tried to run RevManager this morning and got the following message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Solid Edge ST6\Program\iCnct.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Is that the correct .exe for RevManager?  I tried right clicking a file and selecting open with Rev Manager and I tried running View and Markup from the program list and neither worked.  Can I pull the correct .exe from the DVD or will I need to do a complete reinstall of Solid Edge?

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1
2 REPLIES

Re: Did a virus kill my Rev Manager?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
That is the correct exe. You might try a repair before a reinstall. You will need to reapply maintenance patches either way.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Re: Did a virus kill my Rev Manager?

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hi Ken,

I talked to Jeff Wade at GTAC yesterday afternoon and decided the best bet was to uninstall and reinstall ST6.  I cleaned out a bunch of old registry entries along the way so hopefully it will come up and run cleanly today.  In addition to the maintenance packs I need to do the registry entry so my PDFs will print shaded views.  I still have to do that even though I'm on ST6.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1