Did you get the answer you needed?

Phenom
Phenom

I get emails that ask this all the time because I have many threads with no answers.

What am I I supossed to do when the answer is NO? Can I promote a thread to an IR? Or is this the proper starting process to file IR's ?

4 REPLIES

Re: Did you get the answer you needed?

MLombard
Retired

The community is not set up to do official bug reporting. The only thing you're getting here is responses from other users, maybe SE employees who happen through, and so on. If you have something to report, you have to go through GTAC. Same if you really need a real answer. I don't mean to diacourage you from asking questions on the community, but realize that it's not a replacement for GTAC support.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Phenom
Phenom

Are you saying the correct responce to "No I didnt get the answer" is to file an IR with GTAC?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What Matt's saying is....this forum is for discussion and user collaberation.

If you require actual changes to the way Solid Edge handles something [at a code level], you need to go through your channel partner [VAR] or GTAC directly to submit the appropriate action for it.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

This is 'left over' from when the forum format when introduced was structured more in a Yahoo Answers style. It does get rather annoying on discussion threads.

-Dylan Gondyke