Solved! Go to solution

Different display in the same assembly ?

Hello The Masters,

I have got a question if theres is a chance to display one subassembly as a shaded view with edges and lefte the rest of sub assemblies as visible edges only ?

Thank you,

Regards,

Arek

Solid Edge ST8 MP10
7 REPLIES

Re: Different display in the same assembly ?

[ Edited ]

Hi there @ArekK,

Sure you can....place your shaded view as normal, go to its properties,....while all parts in the displayed assembly are highlighted, Ctrl+select the items you want to remain shaded, and then check the box for "Display As Reference".....then instead of the default reference edge style, change to "Visible, or as I have used in my example below, "Normal".....choose OK, and update the view. DONE!

Both of my ISO views are the same assembly, one scasled different, and with the reference mode used to nullify the shading only, on those selected items.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Thank you Sean,

Yes , you are right - on Drawing environment it is possible.

My question concerns the 3D environment - is it possible ?

Regards,

Arek

Solid Edge ST8 MP10
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author ArekK
‎02-03-2016 04:45 AM

ArekK wrote:

Yes , you are right - on Drawing environment it is possible.

My question concerns the 3D environment - is it possible ?

Hi @ArekK,

Oh, OK......I am unaware of such an easy method for the assembly environment.....perhaps in that case, you could use a tranparent material. Not as good as "Visible Edges" display I know.

Seems like a good Enhancement Request to submit though [Part Shading By Selection]...I'd jump onboard that number.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Thank you very much.

I thought previously about changing material properties, but it would be easier to use part shaded option.

Regards,

Solid Edge ST8 MP10

@SeanCresswell Have to ask... What is the drawing of?  Looks like a tandom 55 gallon drum lifter Smiley LOL

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

@SeanCresswell I have to ask too Smiley Happy ... Might I know the type of this unit?

I am interested on such solution to move a cylinder up and down..

Many thanks,

Yasser

Hi @Grundey & @YD,

Yes, you're both onto me....it's for our "Crystech NZ" company, for tipping drums of honey into a processing plant, also something we design & manufacture, under The Stainless Factory,...our manufacturing side of the company.

Mk1 can be seen here..... http://www.crystech.co.nz/product/13/crystech-easytip-600 [& also the video below] The Mk2 is what you see in my pictures on this message thread.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10