Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different leanguage properties?

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

In my factory we are changing the management system , than i'm the man who should configure our SE to comunicate with this new system. To do this i need to use "Report" buttom from SE but i have a problem:

When i create a new .psm, it can have english properties (like "material", "material thickness",ecc) or italian properties (my leanguage, than "materiale", "spessore materiale", ecc) and this happen totaly random and i can't find a reason on internet or in the SE files for this issue! And this happen on 3 different PC with 3 different license in my factory.

The big problem for me is that if i open the "Property Management" in an assembly, i need two different columns to read the material thickness cause some pieces have the thickness in "material thickness" column and someone else in "spessore materiale". Than when i create a "Report" i need to call 2 differents variables for the same thing and i can't group up them.

What can i do for this?

Sorry for my english, it's really difficult to understand i know Man Sad

But Thank you very much

Jacopo

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Different leanguage properties?

Creator
Creator

Do you understand my question or can nobody help me?

I mean... i don't know if i made myself understood

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I think I understand but what I don't understand is how it can randomly be either English or Italian.

Do you have maintenance through your reseller? If so, have you asked them for help?

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Creator
Creator

No, i have not the maintenance from reseller...i need another way to solve it....

However i try to put 3 screenshot to help you understand the issue.

These two psm are created in the same day but.....

inglese.pngitaliano.png

Then i have this problem... 2 columns for the same thing

proprietà.png

Hi @Jacopodv

this somehow looks strange.

For me it always was the big advantage of using Custom Proeprties only, that there is no language problem at all.

They are named as they are.

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Hi Wolfgang

As you can see i used a lot of Custom Properties on my table, but columns like "Material" and "Material Thickness" are really good because they automatically get data form the psm properties, so i don't need to input again these data in every piece.

Is it possible to make a new Custom Property which get automatically data from psm properties? (like Material and Material Thickness in my table). Maybe this could be another way and a possible solution....

EDIT: i'm trying to do this and in "Variables Table" i find this solution....Make a new variable called "Thickness123" and as formula "MaterialThickness", then i exposed him with name "Thickness"....
This is working but i need to create this new variable in every piece...how can i create a permanent variable wich will appear in every new piece? (i'm searching it on forum but i can't find something like this)

Do the same with the custom property in your part/psm templates. Then every new part will have it.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi @Jacopodv,

Seems that your installation uses different template files (on different machines?).

Maybe you installed Solid Edge English on one and Italian on an other. The templates are different in these setups. You can correct this in the variable table, e.g. in the parts with Italian property names.

regards

JB
SE 2020, VS2017

Creator
Creator

Hi @bshand

Nice, if i change it on templates ,all new pieces will have what i want, thank you!

But this is ok for the new psm files.... but i can't do anything with my currently files.....should i give up or any new idea?

Now i post another two screens that can help you to understand better and maybe find another way.

-As you can see in the column A i have always the same value name but in the columns B they are called with a different name. This mean = 2 different properties (cause i have 2 different exposed names) for the same Value.

- I can't rename the exposed name (column B) in my currently files. I can rename it only in the Templates (as @bshand suggest) , so my new files will create with the correct property name because now i changed all my templates value.

So what can i do with my existing files?

Immagine.png

Immagine2.png

Creator
Creator

Hi @JB

Right in this moment i'm looking in all computers in my factory if we have the same templates, because i can't say with 100% chance that we have all the same. However the screens that i posted come from files created by my personal PC, so this sound strange....

However how can you see in my last answer i can change the Exposed Name in Variable Table only in teamplates.... so the problem is still modify my existing files.