Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Different leanguage properties?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

In the parts list template or style for the column calling out material thickness put both exposed variable names for that column. That way it will have a value for parts that have the English exposed name and parts that have the Italian exposed name.

In the image I highlighted what I mean. In some of our older parts we have a property name "Description", in newer parts we have a property name "SE_Description" because we changed our naming for custom properties by adding the prefix "SE_".

This way our parts lists accomodate either property in the column labelled "Description".

dualpropcolumn.png

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Hi ,
I'm just writing from memory (no access to a SE installation in the moment).
Try to uncheck the expose option, then check it again and input the expose text.
Does this solve your problem?
regards

JB
SE 2020, VS2017

Creator
Creator

For @bshand

I'm testing your solution but this can works only in Parts List in Draft....i'm right?  But i need to show the "double property" in Assembly in the Property Manager and/or in the Report Table.

So if i understood what you mean, this way can't works for me.

For @JB

You right!

It was really simple and i was really stupid....just uncheck the Expose, change Exposed Name, than check again and it works.

So now i can change "pretty quickly" the Variable in old files with the @JB method..... and if i update all .psm templates in all PCs with only english Variables (as @bshand suggested), i hope that i will never have again different leanguage properties as i showed you. So i think i can consider this post quite solved.

Than you very much all.

Regards

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@Jacopodv - Did you find a solution to work with your existing files yet? I have an idea but wasn't sure if you resolved it or not. If not, let me know and I'll give you my idea.

Jamie

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA

Creator
Creator

Hi @Jamie_Griffis

As i said my solution now is: Open an older file, go in Variables Table, change Exposed Name , check again the Expose box....I will do this every time i will open again an older file with the wrong name property.

Is your idea more quickly than mine?

Regards