Difficulty selecting sketch elements with perspective view on

I ran into an odd thing where I was haviing difficulty selecting sketch elements in a profile I wanted to edit.  Holding the pointer over a line might cause the line to flash, but would not highlight it or select it.  I then remembered I had turned perspective view on.  So I turned it off and sure enough, everything started working normally.  Is this a bug in the software (I'm on ST7)?  Not sure why having perspective view on would disrupt sketch editing like this.  Thanks for any feedback.

2 REPLIES

Re: Difficulty selecting sketch elements with perspective view on

[ Edited ]

Whenever I have trouble selecting something in a sketch the first thing I check for is whether perspective has inadvertently been turned on.  It is easy to do if you have "fat fingers syndrome" or the hand-eye coordination of an engineer where all it takes is a slight rolling of the mouse scroll wheel while panning with the shift and control keys (dammit).  This has always been the behaviour of Solid Edge since Adam was a boy.

Re: Difficulty selecting sketch elements with perspective view on

Thanks for the response.  I don't use perspective views much (just recently) which is probably why I hadn't encountered this before.  Seems like quirky behavior, but now that I know about it (and that it's "normal") it won't be an issue.

Pat