Dimension Alignment Movement

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Myself and collegues are having some issues in ST7 with the dimensions on drawings updating in what seems an erratic way on saving, and was wondering if anyone had seen anything similar or knew any solution.    This can be recreated with the following steps:

1. Create desired alignment set (With the 'maintain alignment' feature activated:

2.  Upon saving/moving the view, the dimensions shift:

Thanks,

Dan

7 REPLIES

Re: Dimension Alignment Movement

with a reapeateable test case we'd ask that you please work with your VAR or GTAC direct and file and IR.

Repeatable test cases are always the key...  and since you have one, please fiel this...

I had seen this behaviour in ST5 when the alignment sets were 1st added but had since been fixed...

I've seen this behaviour regularly in St7, although I can't remember the last time.

Could never pin it down to anything in particular, and always ended up re-dimensioning.

I wonder if it's the mixture of stacked and string dimensions in one set ?

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

This is a problem we have tracked through ST6, and hoped would be fixed in ST7. What MP of ST7 are you using?

I saw something this earlier today on ST7 MP8.

A sure fire way to do it is to dimension a view then rotate it, insta broken dims.

Thanks Everyone for your responses,

Forgive me for my ignorance but i am not entirely certain what maintenance pack i am running, my system displays SE as version 107.00.00.104, is that sufficient information?

Dan

Hi there Dan,

That version number is the "stock" installation from the DVD. [or download].....if you are on active maintenance, then I would highly recommend downloading & installing the latest maintenance pack for ST7, which is MP08.

Use your webkey to login here... https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/download.php 

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

@Devans

What you show looks like my Insight Client version info.

Below it in the image is the SE version info. The "0603" means it was on MP6 at the time.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200