Dimension and centerlines/axes

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

How do I dimension this sketch in relation with the x-axis or a centerline going through the x-axis?  In SW it's automatic when you go beyond the center line.

20150721_134144.jpg

6 REPLIES

Re: Dimension and centerlines/axes

Genius
Genius

Click on the dimension and look on the dimension bar for a dim on what looks like a mirrored part called symmetric diameter, click it.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you.  I found the option and the dimension is correct, but it looks very confusing on screen.  Is there a way to change the way it dimensions symmetric diameter to look like the original picture I uploaded?  Right now, the dimension has a half arrow pointing to the centerline/axis.  It's hard to see which line on the sketch it's referrring to.

Is there a way so the symmetric diameter dimension shows 2 lines, one next to the sketch line and one for the diameter?

diam.png

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think you need to pick the CL first then the sketch line. The first selection is the "base".

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I tried that, but it only changed the direction of the arrow.  What I would like is to have the dimension look like this example.

20150721_134144.jpg

Your screenshot looks like what I want, but somehow mine is not doing the same thing (ST7)

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Did you click the button I showed in my attachment?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I missed the extra option for half/full after picking symmetric diameter.  Thank you very much.  It was driving me crazy.