Dimension override in ST8 Draft

It seems we have lost the option to override dimensions in ST8. The pull-down menu from Select - Dimension Type used to have an option called None. Don't see it anymore. What happened?

ST8 MP4
Win 7 Pro
10 REPLIES

Re: Dimension override in ST8 Draft

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Does "Blank" do what you want...?

Also....you can use "Ctrl + Select" to pick numerous dims, then choose the "Blank" [or other choice] option to change them all at once.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP4] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Using Blank I wasn't able to enter the override text/value. Choosing None (back in ST7) a window would pop up giving you the option to enter whatever you want (unless I'm mixing something up). Really need that featureSmiley Frustrated

ST8 MP4
Win 7 Pro

Oh, OK....you could use a "Dimension Prefix"....

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Don't ever remember getting an override...

You can click on a dimension and change its value?

However, if you select blank, then click the box below (prefixes, super and sub fixes and suffix) you can type the value you want in the prefix box.

Shane

Shane Murray
ST8 MP6

I think you might be mixing something up.  SE would never let you overide a dimension with anything but a numeric value, and "Blank" has always been the option to get rid of the default value.  As Sean said, use the Prefix/Subfix options to replace it with alpha values.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP4
Testing: ST10

After making the mistake of consulting with my co-workers, they declared me insane...

My dimension style places the value betwween the lines and when using Blank & prefix to enter the override, the text is offset to the left even when selecting center for horizontal alignment. Call me **bleep** I guessSmiley Happy Well, if I can't find a proper way to override, I will have to make do with using Blank and prefix.

ST8 MP4
Win 7 Pro

What's up with the bleep?
ST8 MP4
Win 7 Pro

WSSTEEL wrote:
What's up with the bleep?

Robot LOL ...the community platform has filters for words deemed as, shall we say, "not PC", and inserts that there instead. Sometimes, reads funnier than the actual word used. Robot wink 

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

To center I usually insert a couple spaces in my Prefix.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP4
Testing: ST10