Dimensions appear as "2x ___"?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I'm a new Solid Edge user. Recently, when I put dimesions in either 3D or 2D environment, I get "2x" before the actual dimensions even though I didn't add any formulas(Please see the attached image).

When I measure the distance, it's correct dimensions as in no "2x". I don't remember seeing it when I just started using Solid Edge, it just showed up one day.

Is it some kind of setting that I messed up? Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this "2x" before the actual dimensions?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES

Betreff: Dimensions appear as "2x ___"?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

seems to be a prefix for dimensions.

Start a dimension click the prefix icon in smartstep and delete all prefixes.

From now on there shouldn't be any additional prefix for Your dims.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Dimensions appear as "2x ___"?

Legend
Legend

Are you certain that you hadn't added a prefix to those dims? Like click on the dim and click on the button to look at your prefixes.

See image.

dim.PNG

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, Wolfgang,

Thank you! It was prefix! Is it something I have to delete everytime I add a dimension?

Thank you!

Experimenter
Experimenter

I found the button "Enable prefix".

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, nominus38,

Yes, it was the prefix. I guess I added when I was using a tutorial.

Thank you!

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

When you set a prefix prior to placing a dimension, that prefix will be persistant.  Meaning, it will be placed in front of every new dimension.

When you click on an existing dimension and edit the prefix, the prefix only applies to the selected dimension.  The prefix will not be persistant or show up on any new dimensions.  You can select multiple dimensions at once to apply the same prefix.