Disable auto dimension on offset lines & disable key-in values on line sketch creation

How do I disable auto dimension on offset line creation? (picture attached) How do I disable key in fields when sketch element created? (picture attached) Thanks, Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer | Probes & New Product Development Emerson Climate Technologies | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA T +1 419 525 8554 gary.dinges@emerson.com
7 REPLIES

Re: Disable auto dimension on offset lines & disable key-in values on line sketch creation

I don't think you can do either. Why do you want to if you don't mind my asking.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Re: Disable auto dimension on offset lines & disable key-in values on line sketch creation

The dimension in the offset line seems to be a niche type need. I can not remember ever keeping one. With out a doubt, there are many that find it useful, or it wouldn't be there.

The key-in value display was a request by an occasional user that does not like them.

Both of these are similar, in my opinion, to relationship handles that have toggles for display. Let the user decide what is wanted to be displayed.

Gary

[ Edited ]

Not sure I get how values will be input without the display.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi there,

I recall this being discussed and thought there was a solution for this, but can't find where it is. [may have been the old "closed" news group...I'll do a search in the archives soon]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Found a [workaround] solution by Ken@Grundey [from almost exacly 12 months ago].... >previous post is here<

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

If you switch off Maintain Relationships on the Relate tab when in sketch or profile mode it will not place the offset dimension.

This does not help with the other issue you mentioned with the length and angle of a line.

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC

rehenryjr wrote:

This does not help with the other issue you mentioned with the length and angle of a line.

For that part, try turning off Auto-Dimension in Intelli Sketch setting....

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10