Display assembly summary in draft

I'm trying to get assembly fields to show up in draft.

I'm good with getting variables from the assembly, and fields of the parts to show up in annotation in draft. But how do I get file properties from the assembly to show up in draft. 

When using a graphic connection, I get the information from the part, not the assembly. Is there a switch for that? Using |G gives me nothing vs |GP give me part information. (assuming I'm attempting to display a propertie field)

Any sugestions?

5 REPLIES

Re: Display assembly summary in draft

If you are using ST7, it looks like this may be a bug.  "Graphic Connection" should be to the Assembly, "Graphic Connection to Part" should be to the component selected in the Assembly.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

I just performed a test. I get exactly the same data from |G and |GP when drafting and pointing to a part within an assembly. They both take me to the part's information.

Is there a way to display an item number in annotation? I can't find it.

Are you talking about the Assembly Item Numbers (i.e 1,2,3,4)?

Thanks,
Ken

No, I'm talking about displaying file properties. I would like to use assembly properties in draft.

Use "Named Reference" or "Indexed Reference".  Named Reference will show you a list of what you have attached so you can select it when you build the property text string.  Indexed Reference automatically takes the first model attached to Draft as a Drawing View.

Thanks,
Ken