Solved! Go to solution

Display configuration settings for sub-assembly help needed.

I have an assembly with 2 circuit board sub-assemblies. One of the S/A has multiple display configurations, how do I activate one of the saved configurations for the S/A?

I have tried creating a new assembly as and setting display configuration when placing S/A as help file says to do,but I can't find way to activate S/A configuration.

1st picture shows upper assy with S/A display with all components shown. 2nd picture shows S/A with display configuration applied, some components not populated.

ST7 with MP7

Gary Dinges

Emerson/Therm-O-Disc

Mechanical Design Engineer

6 REPLIES

Re: Display configuration settings for sub-assembly help needed.

[ Edited ]

Hi Gary,

There is the main configuration for the main assembly and every sub-assembly should/could have its own configurations.

Within the main Assembly you have just to click on a Sub-Assembly, then you will be able to choose one of the Sub-Configurations and save this state as a new configuration for the main Assembly.

Yasser

Thanks Yassar,

Your reply confirmed I was trying the correct procedure, it led me to self inflicted wound where I had wrong copy of sub assembly attached to upper assembly.

It is working for me now.

Gary

Having board upper assembly functioning with desired configuration of S/A board, when I open draft file the S/A board configuration is not displayed. I have tried clicking on it, opening Properties: Display, clicking on S/A, but S/A configurations are not displayed in .cfg, PMI, model view or Zone pull down. Should they be? Only main assembly cfg's are shown, even with S/A selected.

I went into assembly file for the 2 boards and saved a configuration for that assembly with desired configuration for S/A board, then back in draft file I selected that saved configuration and draft file then displayed as desired. Is this as designed procedure or should I be able to select the S/A model in draft and set its configuration independent of main assembly configuration?

Gary 

Not all configuration options that you have access to in the assembly environment are available for the draft.

If you select an assembly in the assembly environment you should have access to its configurations -if they are available of course-

Is seems that in the draft environment you can just choose configurations of the main assembly -SEST5-. I will test it today on SEST7 and see...

Yasser

Hi Gary,

I got the same behavior with SEST7...

Yasser

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary_Dinges
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

[ Edited ]

YD,

It's true that a draft only has access to the associated assembly configurations. If you want to display certain configurations from subassys you need to select those in the main assembly model and then save a configuration with the display of subassys that you want (as you suggest in your message #2) which you can then select in the draft. It has ever been thus.

Bruce

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200