Display sketch in model view

Phenom
Phenom

I thought this would be very easy. Apperantly not. Searching the help give me way to many answers (you can image the # of results for --use sketch in draft--)

As a work around to two of my recent posts, I need to display a sketch in the draft file within the model view. How do I turn on a sketch within a drafting view?

In paticular, I have added a sketch with a single point to one of my model files, hoping to be able to pick that point when drafting.

4 REPLIES

Re: Display sketch in model view

Creator
Creator

Right click on drawing view, go to properties.  Go to the display tab, and at the top right of the Parts list window there are 4 icons.  Click the second from the right click list sketches. Go to your part or assebmly in Parts list window and show the pertinent sketch.

I hope this was what you were looking for.

Phenom
Phenom

That's it. Never had a reason to use it before.

Phenom
Phenom

After I turned that point on, I find that I can't snap a dimension to a sketch point. The path of least resistance ended up being to draft within the model view and add a very very short line.

What funny to me is I was able to snap to the desired torus tangent using the draft within view, but not when adding a dimension.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Further....this is also the only way to display "Etching" [listed as Curve Body] in a draft view.

SE_ST6_Draft_ViewProperties_PartsListOptions.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10