Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Textures

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have a few models that need a picture on them.  I created the picture I wanted and saved it as a .jpeg.  Then I made a face style and imported the picture into the texture of the style.  From there I used part painter to put the picture on my part.  It worked great until someone else opened my part file.  When they did the face style just showed as white.  The style still exist and it still has the path for the picture but it is only showing as white.  If I edit the path and click the exact same picture it is already pointing to then it show correctly again.  Is there any way to get the part files to open correctly (showing the picture)?

5 REPLIES

Re: Displaying Textures

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Cabinet_Guy,

Is the texture image located on the same shared location as the part file? [or other designated share locale]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Pioneer
Pioneer

No the image is on a shared drive but it is in a different folder from the part file.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Are you using mapped drive letters or UNC paths?  For consistency you should always be working with UNC paths.

Pioneer
Pioneer

We are using Letter Drives but I just noticed that the address is referencing iCashe.  I navigated to the correct file with the browes but Solid Edge still buts the address as part of my cashe.  Is there a way to get Solid Edge to quit referencing my cashe?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I figured it out.  It turns out that Solid Edge references cashe when you select a file in our managed locations, but it does not reference cashe in unmanaged folders.  With that said all I had to do was move the picture file to an unmanaged folder.