Do ST7 and ST8 run on Windows 10?

Genius
Genius

Hi,

Has anyone tried Solid Edge with Windows 10 yet? As you may know, the Windows 10 free upgrade is rolled out worldwide now. I work with ST7 and ST8 at home, so it is not businesses critical. At work, I will wait until the Maintenance Pack comes out with official Windows 10 support.

Robin.

14 REPLIES

Re: Do ST7 and ST8 run on Windows 10?

From ST8 Readme.

Windows 10 is scheduled to release in late 2015 after Solid Edge ST8 is released. We will test ST8 on Windows 10 and plan to announce support of Windows 10 with Internet Explorer 11 in ST9 and in an ST8 Maintenance Pack after testing is completed and any critical issues are resolved. Solid Edge will not support the new Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge (codenamed Spartan).

Legend
Legend

Well it is late 2015 and MS has released windows 10...

MS plans on dropping Internet Explorer after version 11 and moving to just Edge browser starting in Q1 2016...

Experimenter
Experimenter

Just tried ST7 educational under Windows 10 Pro.

The bad news: 3D modules are crashing (PAR, Sheet, ASM).

Could only start a 2d-sheet.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I have been testing ST8 on WIN10 for one our.

1. Opened an assy (500 parts)

2. Made one part and generated a drawing.

3. Made one Sheetmetal part and generated a drawing.

So far, everything OK.

Cheers,

Geir

Solid Edge ST8 Premium, Floating License

ST9
Surface Pro 4

Genius
Genius

OK, I gave it a shot and upgraded from Windows 7 x64 to Windows 10 today.

Solid Edge ST7 still works fine for me. I did not test extensively though and would not recommend upgrading to Windows 10 in a business environment until Siemens supports it officially.

Cheers,

Robin.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I can unfortunately add that ST6 32 bits doesn't work under W10 32 bits.

Experimenter
Experimenter

the same thing happens to me. do you have any solutions now? I have to recover windows 8.1 for solidedge to work again. 

Experimenter
Experimenter

ST7 run smoothly on windows 10 pro after installing Maintence pack 7. (MP4+ required for Windows 10)

Experimenter
Experimenter

i was using academic version of ST7 which means i dont have access to maintenance pack. However the academic version available online was updated to ST8 earlier this week and ST8 runs smoothly on windows 10, so my problem is solved. Thanks