Does 3d Sync (ST8) import/export ifc files?

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

As title suggests 

8 REPLIES

Re: Does 3d Sync (ST8) import/export ifc files?

Phenom
Phenom

save as:

saveas.png

Open:

open.png

yes it does.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

I would recommend to test it because as you can see in the list the CATIA Interfaces are listed as well and this are definitely an addon you have to pay extra!

Stefan

smitsch@unitec.de
www.all4edge.de

Phenom
Phenom

WTF!!!

http://i.imgur.com/QenASMr.png

Export to ifc works.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Strange behavior,

when the export is working the import should work too.

This is how it is designed in Solid Edge usually!

I think somebody of SIEMENS should check this.

Stefan

smitsch@unitec.de
www.all4edge.de

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi George123456, Yes the 3D Sync package/License file does support the Import and export of IFC files. I'm not sure why you are getting the  "You do not have a valid license" message...  unless you inadvertently select the Catia V5 translator. They are next to each other in the drop list.  If the problem persist I would open an IR with GTAC.

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter
Perfect, Thanks

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

Since we have use this and try to save to ifc file since ST8, thru ST9, and ST10 we have problems that our clients do not read thos files save by our SolidEdge in theirs programs like moustlly Solibri viewer and ArchiCAD and others similar in construction bussines.

SolidEdge have no problems to read and implemend ifc files to the intefface and dose it very nice and smooth, ont time of import can be a problem with assembly size of 1 000 parts...

can you help me understand what setting should I use? how to check it in for example solibri read format?

solution would be to save it to dwg 3D as a block part? can you advise any plug in or a simple program that will transform my part or assembly elements to that eeider ifc or 3D dwg?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

When exporting to an IFC file, there are two versions of the IFC file that can be saved (IFC2X3 and IFC4).  I believe IFC2X3 is the default if you do not change it.  You may try using IFC4 if you have not.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3