Download STx

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi edgers,

maybe this is an OT question, but I hope, somebody has a hint for me.

When trying to download e.g. the ST7 file (2.9GB) I was not successful so far.

Download reached 300 - 500 MB, best was a 1.1 GB file and says successfully downlaoded.

But since the size does not fit, the file opens with a "file corrupted" error and that was it.

Has anybody any idea, what can help here, to hav ea better, and faster download.

I also tried a download manager, but this also didn't jelp.

regards and thanks

Wolfgang

PS.: I never ever had any problem when using the old but good FTP!

31 REPLIES

Re: Download STx

Phenom
Phenom

The downloads have become absolutely horrid in the past 6 months, and I skipped the last few beta releases of ST7 because I gave up on trying to get them downloaded. (This is even trying to download the piecemeal zip files they were offering!!!!) This is in Firefox, Chrome, AND IE, from two separate physical locations, with two different computers.

Even with their recommended download manager for Chrome, I could not get a clean download after 10+ tries. I have the best luck with plain old Internet Explorer.

PLEASE someone look into this! It's getting ridiculous. It would also instantly eliminate 75% of the Student Forum posts by kids who are downloading for the first time and don't realize that unlike every other company they've ever known on the web, Siemens can't seem to keep large downloads from corrupting!

-Dylan Gondyke

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I have been using DownThemAll in Firefox with good luck.  I used to use InternetDownloadManager but they don't allow it anymore (they will lock your account if you use it)

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Grundey wrote: (they will lock your account if you use it)

Brutal!  Robot surprised

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi Edgers,

I finally made it!  Yeah! Smiley Wink

It took 9 hours with an average speed of approx. 90 KB/s

This brings me back to the goot old 90s of the last century.

I think there should be done something by GTAC to provide better and a more stable download capability.

Hope the right people will read this.

regards

and thanks

Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

I downloaded ST7 with Opera. The download stopped a few times, but after a click on "resume" the download continued without a problem.

The speed was about 450kb/s, so not bad. (Download location: Belgium)

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

They will even lock the accounts of internal employees that use it.  Trust me, I know first hand ;-)

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Now I don't feel so bad Smiley LOL

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Legend
Legend
Why don't they allow IDM? It is the only way I've found to get the downloads to work.
Using SE since V12, 2002

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am using Google's Chrome Chrono download manager; for me it took numerous attempts with an average speed of 100 KB/s, some of the downloads simply stalled and then stopped, some ended in corrupt files, but in the end I did get a clean download.

This can probably go without saying, but I'm going to mention it anyway: Even using a download manager, at least with Chrono, you may have better success doing 1 (one) file at a time and not relying on the manager to sort things trying to download multiple files at the same time.